GAME: #909 Twins @ #910 Indians
DATE: 8/26/2020 – 7:10 pm EST
ODDS: Twins -105 / Indians -105
The Cleveland Indians (18-12) host the Minnesota Twins (20-11) at Progressive Field in Cleveland, Oh. The Twins won the first game of this series on Monday by a score of 3-2 and Cleveland won on Tuesday by a score of 4-2. The Twins have won 4 out of 6 meetings this season with the Indians.
The Twins have righty Jose Berrios starting for the rubber match. Berrios is 2-3 with a 4.75 ERA and a 1.38 WHIP. Berrios has pitched in 30.1 innings and has given up 28 hits, 16 runs, 4 home runs, 14 walks, and 33 strikeouts. The Twins have a career batting average of .222 against Clevinger in 158 at-bats with 8 home runs by 7 different players.
The Indians have righty Mike Clevinger on the mound. Clevinger is 1-1 with a 3.24 ERA and a 1.23 WHIP. Clevinger has pitched in 16.2 innings and has allowed 12 hits, 6 runs, 4 home runs, 10 walks, and 15 strikeouts. The Indians have a career batting average of .225 against Berrios including Carlos Santana’s .333 average with 6 hits in 18 at-bats.
BATTER VS PITCHER (dailybaseballdata.com)
STARTING LINEUPS (baseballpress.com)
- Under is 3-0-1 in the Twins last 4 games as a road favorite.
- Under is 4-0-1 in the Twins last 5 road games.
- Twins are 4-0 in their last 4 during game 3 of a series.
- Under is 4-0 in Clevinger’s last 4 home starts.
- Indians are 0-4 in Clevinger’s last 4 starts as a home underdog.
- Indians are 0-4 in Clevinger’s last 4 starts as an underdog.
HEAD TO HEAD
- Twins are 4-1 in the last 5 meetings.
- Under is 6-2 in the last 8 meetings in Cleveland.
- Twins are 6-2 in the last 8 meetings in Cleveland.
- Under is 38-15-2 in the last 55 meetings.
TWINS VS INDIANS PREDICTION
Berrios has not been great overall this season but his last performance was top-notch going 6 innings and allowing only 1 hit against the Brewers. Berrios was looking like his normal self in his game after a rocky start. Clevinger has not pitched since August 5th when he was demoted after breaking team protocols related to COVID-19. The Indians team has not quite forgiven Clevinger so it will be interested to see if they back him tonight. The Bookie is taking the Twins who will be ready to rough up Clevinger in his first appearance in 3 weeks. The public is split with approximately 53% of the bets on the Twins but there is also 64% of the money on the Twins.
The Bookie: Twins
Fade the Public: no data
Sharp Action: Twins
3.15 Units to win 3 Units on: (#909) Twins -105