GAME: #741 Virginia vs #742 Duke
TIME: 2/20/2021 – 8:00p EST
SPREAD: Virginia -1.5
The #7 Virginia Cavaliers (15-4, 11-2) have its only meeting with ACC rival Duke Blue Devils (9-8, 7-6) at Cameron Indoor Stadium in Durham, North Carolina on Saturday at 8 p.m. EST. Virginia lost at Florida State by a score of 60-81 and Duke beat Wake Forest 84-60. These teams once last season when Virginia beat Duke by a score of 52-50.
This season on the road, the Virginia Cavaliers are averaging 63 points on 47% field goal shooting along with 8.4 3-pointers 37.8% shooting. The Cavaliers are allowing 58 points per game on 41% field-goal shooting while forcing 9.1 turnovers with 4.4 Steals and 2.4 blocks per game on defense. Virginia was led by Sam Hauser who has averaged 14.8 points, 9 rebounds, and 1.8 assists per game.
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
The Duke Blue Devils are averaging 78 points 47% field goal shooting with 8.5 threes on 35% three-point shooting. Duke is also grabbing 11.1 offensive rebounds per game. The Blue Devils are allowing 73 points per game on 46% field-goal shooting while forcing 14.3 turnovers along with 6.9 steals and 3.3 blocks per game on defense. Duke is led by Matthew Hurt who is averaging 18.3 points, 6.4 rebounds, and 1.3 assists per game.
- Under is 4-0 in Cavaliers last 4 games following a straight-up loss.
- Cavaliers are 8-0-1 ATS in their last 9 games following an ATS loss.
- Under is 7-1 in Cavaliers last 8 games following an ATS loss.
- Cavaliers are 16-5 ATS in their last 21 games vs. a team with a losing record.
- Over is 6-1 in Blue Devils last 7 games following an ATS win.
- Blue Devils are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Over is 4-1 in Blue Devils last 5 overall.
HEAD TO HEAD
- The road team is 21-6-1 ATS in the last 28 meetings.
- Underdog is 22-8-1 ATS in the last 31 meetings.
VIRGINIA vs DUKE PREDICTION PICK
Virginia was dominated by FSU in its last game which will have them eager to get back on the court and hungry for a win. Typically when teams get blown out they show up with extra focus on the defensive end. Virginia will show up defensively especially after allowing FSU to shoot over 50% from the field. Duke is a team that lacks consistent offense this season and the Blue Devils don’t have a true big man or a dominant point guard so they struggle matching up with Virginia. Duke can beat anyone if they light it up from three-point land however Virginia defends the three-ball well. Virginia struggles offensively at times but if they can shoot at a high percentage and play tough D they should be able to win this one with ease. The Bookie is rolling with the Virginia Cavaliers to cover the spread.
The Bookie: Virginia -1.5 / Over 131
Fade the Public: Duke / Over
Sharp Action: Virginia / Under