GAME: #959 Brewers @ #960 Cardinals
DATE: 8/19/2021 – 7:45 p EST
ODDS: Brewers -190 / Cardinals +160
O/U: 8 -105 / -115
The St. Louis Cardinals (61-58) host the Milwaukee Brewers (74-47) at Busch Stadium on Thursday at 7:45 pm EST.
BATTER VS PITCHER(dailybaseballdata.com)
STARTING LINEUPS (rotowire.com)
- The Under is 4-0-1 in the Brewers’ last 5 during game 3 of a series.
- Under is 4-0-1 in the Brewers’ last 5 road games vs. a left-handed starter.
- Under is 4-0 in Woodruff’s last 4 starts following an outing of fewer than 4 innings in his last appearance.
- Cardinals are 0-4 in their last 4 games as a home underdog.
- Cardinals are 0-4 in their last 4 games vs. a starter with a WHIP less than 1.15.
- Over is 5-1 in the Cardinals’ last 6 during game 3 of a series.
HEAD TO HEAD
- The Brewers are 4-0 in the last 4 meetings in St. Louis.
- Under is 6-2 in the last 8 meetings in St. Louis.
- Under is 3-1-1 in the last 5 meetings.
- Brewers are 5-2 in the last 7 meetings.
BREWERS VS CARDINALS PREDICTION
The Brewers’ Brandon Woodruff is 3-1 with a 2.27 ERA in seven career appearances against the Cardinals, including five starts. Woodruff has had success against Matt Carpenter (1-for-12), Tommy Edman (1-for-9), Nolan Arenado (1-for-7), and Paul Goldschmidt (3-for-18). The Cardinals’ Jon Lester is 5-4 with a 3.05 ERA in 14 career starts against the Brewers. Lorenzo Cain (12-for-32, four doubles, three walks), Kolten Wong (9-for-25, two doubles, two RBIs), Luis Urias (4-for-7, triple, RBI), and Avisail Garcia (6-for-20, RBI) have hit well against Lester. The Brewers have now won 4 straight and 8 of their last 9. The Brewers are tied with the Rays for the 3rd-best record in baseball, trailing only the Giants and Dodgers. This line opened with Milwaukee listed as a -177 road favorite and St. Louis a + 162 home dog. Sharp money is backing the better, hotter team with the better starting pitcher. Teams coming off a win receiving over 15-cents of steam are 212-139 (60.4%) this season. Heavy favorites -200 or more coming off a win are 115-39 (74.7%), Milwaukee is 56-36 as a favorite. The Cardinals are 24-35 as a dog. The Brewers are + 117 in run differential. The Cardinals are -25. Take the Brewers to get the job done again to cover the run line.
The Bookie: Brewers -1.5 -115 / Over 8 -110
Fade the Public: Cardinals / Over
Sharp Action: Cardinals / Over