GAME: #715 Louisville vs #716 Duke
TIME: 2/27/2021 – 6:00p EST
SPREAD: Duke -5
The Louisville Cardinals (12-5, 7-4) have an ACC road game against the Duke Blue Devils (11-8, 9-6) at Cameron Indoor Stadium in Durham, North Carolina on Saturday at 6 p.m. EST. In its previous game, Louisville won 69-57 over Notre Dame on Tuesday and Duke beat Syracuse on Monday by a score of 85-71. These teams met back on Jan. 23rd when Louisville pulled out the win in the final minute of the game to win 70-65.
The Louisville Cardinals, on the road, are averaging 63 points on 40% field goal shooting while shooting only 26% from three-point land. Louisville is allowing 71 points per game on 45% field-goal shooting while forcing 11.4 turnovers along with 6.7 steals and 3.1 blocks per game on defense. The Cardinals are led by Carlik Jones who is averaging 17.2 points, 5.2 rebounds, 4.5 assists, and 1.5 steals per game.
DUKE BLUE DEVILS
The Duke Blue Devils are averaging 78 points 47% field goal shooting along with 8.9 3-pointers on 36% three-point shooting and 10.4 offensive rebounds per game. The Blue Devils are allowing 72 points per game on 45% field-goal shooting while forcing 13.9 turnovers with 7.1 steals and 3.5 blocks per game on defense. The Blue Devils are led by Matthew Hurt who is averaging 18.3 points, 6.2 rebounds, and 1.4 assists per game.
- Cardinals are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games as an underdog.
- Cardinals are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games as a road underdog.
- Under is 4-1 in Cardinals last 5 overall.
- Over is 4-1 in the Cardinals’ last 5 games following a straight-up win.
- Cardinals are 3-12-2 ATS in their last 17 games following an ATS win.
- Over is 4-0 in Blue Devils’ last 4 games following an ATS win.
- Blue Devils are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
- Over is 14-2 in Blue Devils last 16 home games vs. a team with a losing road record.
- Over is 4-1 in Blue Devils last 5 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
- Blue Devils are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following an ATS win.
HEAD TO HEAD
- The home team is 5-2-1 ATS in the last 8 meetings.
LOUISVILLE vs DUKE PREDICTION PICK
The Blue Devils are almost in a position to make the NCAA tournament and cannot afford any more bad losses, especially at home. Louisville has had an inconsistent season which makes them slightly unpredictable however Duke is the better and more talented team that is playing better basketball right now. Duke has averaged 78.6 points per game over its last five games while giving up only 68.4 points per game over that stretch. The Blue Devils are 8-0 when they hold opposing teams to 68 points or fewer and 3-8 when opponents exceed 68 points. Louisville has lost its last three road games, scoring 58.7 points, while allowing 77 per game. The Cardinals have played terribly in its last 3 games on the road losing all three games to UNC, Clemson, and Miami. The Bookie is taking the Duke Blue Devils to cover the spread.
The Bookie: Duke -5 / Over 141
Fade the Public: Duke / Under
Sharp Action: Louisville / Under