GAME: #765 Arizona vs #766 ASU
TIME: 1/21/2021 – 9:00p EST
SPREAD: Arizona -2.5
The Arizona Wildcats (10-3, 4-3) have a battle with the in-state rival Arizona State Sun Devils (4-6, 1-3) at the Desert Financial Arena in Tempe, Arizona. The Wildcats defeated Oregon State 98-64 in their last game and Arizona State lost to Oregon State 79-80. These teams met twice last season and each team won on their home courts by scores of 75-47 at Arizona and 66-65 at ASU.
The Arizona Wildcats are averaging 80 points per game on 45% field-goal shooting as well as 6.9 three-pointers on 36% three-point shooting on offense. The Wildcats are also averaging 11.5 rebounds and 11.7 turnovers on the offensive end. Arizona is allowing 67 points per game on 41% field-goal shooting while forcing 13.8 turnovers and adding 5.2 steals and 2.2 blocks per game on defense.
ARIZONA STATE SUN DEVILS
The ASU Sun Devils are averaging per game on 43% field goal shooting along with 7.5 three-pointers on 31% three-point shooting per game. The Sun Devils are allowing 77 points per game on 45% field goal shooting while forcing 16.6 turnovers and adding 5.3 steals and 2.9 blocks per game on the defensive end.
- Over is 4-0 in the Wildcats last 4 overall.
- Over is 4-0 in the Wildcats last 4 games as a favorite.
- Under is 6-1 in Wildcats last 7 vs. a team with a losing record.
- Under is 5-1 in the Wildcats’ last 6 road games vs. a team with a losing home record.
- The Sun Devils are 0-4-1 ATS in their last 5 games as an underdog.
- Sun Devils are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
- Sun Devils are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning record.
HEAD TO HEAD
- The home team is 9-4-2 ATS in the last 15 meetings.
ARIZONA vs ARIZONA STATE PREDICTION PICK
Arizona State has had a rough start this season between covid and injuries. The Sun Devils started the season ranked and have slipped since. Arizona is not much better, especially since they announced they are taking the postseason ban this year so they don’t have a lot to play for. However, this is a rivalry game that will have both of these teams motivated. Arizona has the biggest advantage with size and rebounding. ASU has the outside shooting advantage however Arizona defends the 3 pretty good holding teams to only 31%. ASU just can’t seem to find a way to win and with this short line, there is good value in taking the better team. The Bookie is rolling with the ArizonaWildcats to cover the spread in this game.
The Bookie: Arizona -2.5 / Under 153.5
Fade the Public: ASU / Under
Sharp Action: ASU / Under